Apple MacBook Air with M2 is available to order starting July 8. A new, strikingly thin design in four beautiful finishes, a large 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, a 1080p HD camera, and MagSafe charging are among the features of this device.
MacBook Air with M2 will begin shipping to customers worldwide on Friday, July 15, starting at 5 a.m. PDT.
All-new MacBook Air powered by the M2 chip features even more performance, a strikingly thin design, a larger 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, a four-speaker sound system, and a MagSafe charging cable.
Apple MacBook Air with M2 is now available in four gorgeous finishes – midnight, starlight, silver, and space gray – and starts at $1,199 (US) and $1,099 (US) for education.
Gorgeous 13.6-inch Liquid Retina Display
The new MacBook Air has a beautiful 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, which has been expanded closer to the sides and up around the camera.
This results in a larger display with much thinner borders, giving users more screen real estate to view their content.
The MacBook Air has been upgraded to 500 nits of brightness, which is 25 percent brighter than before. The retina display now supports 1 billion colors, which makes photos and movies look incredibly vivid.
Advanced Camera and Audio
The new MacBook Air features a 1080p FaceTime HD camera that offers twice the resolution and low-light performance of its predecessor.
With M2’s advanced image signal processor, users will be able to make video calls that look great.
MacBook Air also features a four-speaker sound system. Speakers and microphones are integrated seamlessly between the keyboard and display to fit into such a thin design – while improving audio quality.
Using advanced beamforming algorithms, three microphones capture clean audio, while speakers improve stereo separation and vocal clarity.
Additionally, the MacBook Air supports Dolby Atmos immersive audio for music and movies.
More Performance with M2
Apple’s M2 chip advances the breakthrough performance, power efficiency, and capabilities of Mac’s M1 chip. Macbook Air with M2 combines multitasking with captivating images for the world’s best-selling notebook.
- This MacBook Air features a more powerful 8-core CPU and a 10-core GPU, so users can do more work faster.
- This system can handle even larger and more complex workloads with its 100GB/s unified memory bandwidth and 24GB of fast unified memory.
- Additionally, M2 provides a powerful ProRes video engine for hardware-accelerated encoding and decoding, so MacBook Air with M2 can playback more streams of 4K and 8K video.
- As a result of M2, demanding workloads like editing complex timelines in Final Cut Pro are nearly 40 percent faster than the previous generation2 and up to 15x faster for those who haven’t upgraded to Apple silicon3.
- In apps like Adobe Photoshop, filters and effects are applied 20 percent faster than before2, and 5x faster for customers who haven’t upgraded to Apple silicon.
- The MacBook Air delivers the same great all-day battery life as before, even with a larger display and increased performance.
This combination of performance and capabilities can only be achieved with Apple silicon in a fanless notebook.
More Charging Options
The MacBook Air comes with a new 35W compact power adapter with two USB-C ports, so users can charge two devices simultaneously.
For the first time, MacBook Air supports fast charging up to 50 percent in 30 minutes using an optional 67W USB-C power adapter.4
Apple M2 MacBook Air 13, available in midnight, starlight, silver, or space gray, starts at $1,199 (US) and $1,099 (US) for education.